Register now and access more than 40,000 products
The femo Extra joint sealing tape is a waterproofed, pre-compressed foam tape, equipped with a self-adhesive strip as an assembly aid. The product is used to produce driving-rain-proof sealed joints in window construction. Larger joint widths can be sealed with a single tape.
Do not use in standing water. Tape must not come into contact with aggressive chemicals containing solvents.
(Several application methods exist in practice)
1. Measure the joint width and select a suitable tape size.
2. Cut off over-compressed start or end pieces.
3. Add at least 1 cm when cutting the joint sealing tape to length.
4. Clean the joint of any oil, grease, dirt or mortar residue.
5. Fix the pre-compressed joint sealing tape to the window using the self-adhesive or lay in the joint directly from the reel.
6. Sections of tape can be laid one after the other.
Time required for expansion in the joint*:
0°C up to ten days
10°C approx. 48 hours
20°C approx. 3 hours
30°C approx. 10 minutes
* Caution: Reset times are not subject to a specification and are only based on empirical values. They are dependent on the storage time and the storage and application temperature. The following applies in general: The longer the storage times and the lower the application temperature, the longer the reset times.
- Driving-rain-resistant up to 600 pascals
- Particularly large range of applications
- Offers maximum protection against indoor air pollution - certified according to GEV-EMICODE® EC1plus - very low emissions
- Temperature resistant from -30°C to +90°C
- Can be stored for 12 months at between +1°C and +20°C
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!