Register now and access more than 40,000 products
The femo BG1 joint sealing tape is a waterproofed, pre-compressed foam tape, equipped with a self-adhesive strip as an assembly aid. Particularly suitable for exterior sealing of expansion joints, prefabricated elements, dividers, and window and door connections.
Do not use in standing water.
Tape must not come into contact with aggressive chemicals containing solvents.
(Several application methods exist in practice)
1. Measure the joint width and select a suitable tape size.
2. Cut off over-compressed start or end pieces.
3. Add at least 1 cm when cutting the joint sealing tape to length.
4. Clean the joint of any oil, grease, dirt or mortar residue.
5. Fix the pre-compressed joint sealing tape to the window using the self-adhesive or lay in the joint directly from the reel.
6. Sections of tape can be laid one after the other.
Time required for expansion in the joint*:
0°C up to ten days
10°C approx. 48 hours
20°C approx. 3 hours
30°C approx. 10 minutes
* Caution: Reset times are not subject to a specification and are only based on empirical values. They are dependent on the storage time and the storage and application temperature. The following applies in general: The longer the storage times and the lower the application temperature, the longer the reset times.
- Fulfils all requirements of DIN 18542 issue 2009
- Excellent sealing properties in line with BG1: Driving-rain-resistant up to 600 pascals
- Offers maximum protection against indoor air pollution - certified according to GEV-EMICODE® EC1plus - very low emissions
- Water-repellent yet vapour-permeable
- Facilitates favourable moisture regulation in joints
- Bridges irregularities in joints in the respective application and seals against driving rain
- The high tolerance capacity of the tapes compensates structural movement and common construction tolerances
- Tested UV resistance
- Excellent ecological compatibility
- Temperature resistant from -30°C to +90°C
- Storage time at +1°C to +20°C: 12 months
- Processing temperature: upwards of 5°C, dry
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!